domingo, 5 de setembro de 2010

Friend-Women

It pleases me to help people, I like being helpful and resourceful, I enjoy having people’s gratitude directed towards me. When I meet a group of people, I’m instantly the one providing whatever everyone needs. But I hardly connect with those I provide to. It takes a little bit of feedback for me to actually care for someone.

From all the people I’ve helped, few had the grace to actually acknowledge any of what I did. I’m not even going to try to justify it with ramblings of influencing factors, such as age or origin, because I know it has nothing to do with it. It’s simply a matter of breeding and character. I’m not even going to bother explaining why. It just is.

I wish I had more of those friends – those I gain through the feedback of my providing. I’ve come to realize that I enjoy them so very much. And since lately I’ve made two wonderful lady-friends, I thought I’d honor them, mentioning them here.

“E” was young and restless, but I suppose due to her culture, she was bound to reciprocate, or at least be grateful, for anything anyone did for her. She was polite and careful. She remembered my birthday. She remembered what I liked and I what I didn’t. She was grateful enough to actually do something for me without any ulterior reason behind it, or any personal gain. She remembered to write me, after she left.

“K” is older and centered, and extremely polite. She remembers when to say “thank you”, and has a special way of voicing her gratitude. She is capable of going over her own wishes just to do something she thinks I deserve. She doesn’t think twice about doing something that pleases me, because she really thinks I ought to have or do something. She thinks I’m worthy of something.

I consider them my real friends. I got their attention through my favors, showed them I have something special, something good in me, and that was enough for them to actually take the time to get to know me, to spend time with me and learn one thing or two about me. And vice-versa. Their grateful ways made me see them as worthy of my real attention, and I got to know them for real.

I’d like to believe I made friendship in its truest form. I’d like to believe it’s unbreakable what we have. I wish it was eternal, and even though I don’t believe it is, for nothing in this world lasts forever, sometimes I entertain myself thinking it is, what we have together it is, in fact, everlasting.

I will definitely never forget these people. The feeling I have for them is indeed eternal. And so very true.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário